Over 100 million adults require eyeglasses or corrective vision and protection of eye health. Not only is eyewear a need for most but even those with 20/20 vision must protect their eye health with a pair of blue light blockers lens.
First, what are blue light blocking glasses?
- Blue light blocking glasses are specifically designed to filter out the harmful blue-violet light rays that are commonly emitted from digital screens. Let’s face it with the increase of technology 80% of us are on our phones or sitting in front of a computer screen all day, so most of us could use a pair of trendy blue light blocker frames in our repertoire!
In this blog we will discuss the top 2 major benefits of blue light blockers lens that our frames offer:
1. They can reduce eye strain and eye damage:
- Using blue light blockers will reduce eye fatigue and the things that come along with it, like headaches and blurred vision. They might slow or prevent age-related macular degeneration. “girl what is that?” Ok, I’ll tell you Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is an eye disease that can blur your central vision. It happens when aging causes damage to the macula — the part of the eye that controls sharp, straight-ahead vision. Through the increase of technology we all stare at the phone or computer or T.V. at least 80% of the day increasing our risk to eye diseases or eye fatigue.
2. They’ll help you sleep better:
- Exposure to too much blue light too late in the evening can have a serious effect on your circadian rhythms by slowing or completely stopping the production of melatonin—the chemical in your brain that tells your body it’s time to go to bed. Experts recommend turning off all devices that give off blue light at least two hours before bed, but we all know that’s not always possible, (gotta pop in the Shaderoom before bed cuz the tea be brewing!) so to avoid the negative side-effects of late-night blue light exposure, blue light blockers are a must.
Overall If you suffer from any of the following symptoms, you’d benefit from the relief blue light blocking glasses that Liberated Eyewear, Inc. offers:
- Eye Strain
- Trouble Sleeping
- Dry Eyes
- Blurred Vision
Now that you know more about blue light blocker lens its also important to know when and how you can wear them.
Can I wear them all day and outside?
Yes, it is okay to wear them all day and outside. In fact, this may actually benefit your eyes by blocking out some of the harsh blue light from screens. Luckily we got you covered, not only can you any of our frames to your local eye doctor to add your prescription but you can add blue light blocker lens at checkout to any pair of optic frames that we offer. Check out some of our most popular frames such as Chalkboard frames of Sparta frames:
By choosing to wear protective eyewear like Blue Light Computer Glasses, you can remain productive without worry. But eyewear shouldn’t be boring, check out our complete collection of eyeglasses and eyeglass frames that offer blue light blocker lens backed by advanced technology. Shop for your favorite pair today and enjoy 10% off your first purchase.
"Your face is a masterpiece, FRAME it well."